Ladislas is a French Artist based in «Barcelona». Specialized in «Colorful and detailed Art», Ladislas is a kind of «graphic chameleon» that is working both digitally and traditionally, mixing various techniques to experiment and create vivid and bold Artworks, full of details that are reflecting his vision of the world.
Attracted by images since a young age, creation has taken a big place in his life since childhood ( from drawing/customization of sneakers, bags, to creating and playing music in a band for 11 years...).
After studying Art for years in school he began to work freelance and funded its own studio.
Self -Taught in the Drawing and painting Field, He learned «Digital Painting» on the web watching Tutorials on YouTube and being inspired with Artists from All around the World.
Ladislas started to work as an Illustrator. A lot of experimenting was necessary to find his own graphical language, but progressively various elements, themes and graphic signature began to emerge in his work:
"Colorful imagery, Portraits, Pop Culture, Plants, Animals, Insects, Street Culture and Design..."
Ladislas is creating a mashup of all these elements to find his own graphical language and express himself through painting.
The painting technique on the digital medium is almost the same as the traditional one: Everything is hand drawn and painted using its "graphic tablet". No photograph or photographic textures are included in his images. Everything is painted like a classic painter would do but with the freedom and new opportunities that Digital software and creation allows.
In parallel to his digital work, Ladislas began to paint on canvas and transfer his knowledge learned in Digital Art into Traditional. He uses various mediums such as "watercolor", “acrylics”, “water based markers” and “spray-paint” to build his images and paintings. No matter the medium, digital or traditional, Ladislas is willing to transfer his vision of the society and world and share his love for living as well as raising awareness toward the preservation on planet Earth by showing its richness and diversity.
Past Exhibitions :
- Aix-en-Provence/FRANCE: solo show - 2014 - Brother's Workshop - concept store design
- Los Angeles/USA: 2014 - Hero Complex Gallery - Group Show + P&B festival Art show
- London/ENGLAND: 2015 - Curzon Cinema London - Group exhibition in collaboration with Lucasfilm/disney
- Santiago/CHILE: 2015 Campus Creativo - Group Show
- Paris/FRANCE: Salon d'Automne 2016 - Paris Grand Palais - Digital Art category
- São Paulo/BRAZIL: 2017 - Group Show - Special event Movie release Insidious: The Last Key
- WACOM NEXT LEVEL 2018
- Melbourne + Sydney / AUSTRALIA
- Auckland / NEW ZEALAND
- Portland / USA
- London / UK
- Mexico City / MEXICO
- Bangkok / THAILAND
- New Delhi / INDIA
- Buenos Aires / ARGENTINA
- Barcelona/SPAIN: 2019 - Choko - "Tres" Group Exhibition
- IDAF Festival / ENGLAND: 2019 - GROUP EXHIBITION FESTIVAL DIGITAL ART
- Digital exhibition: 2020 - Artios Gallery -USA/NYC - "United Through Art" collective exhibition
- Festival D1G1ART / FRANCE : 2020 - Lourmarin - Group show
- Sitges (ES) : 2020 - Group show - Drap’Art - “Recycl’Art Festival Sitges 2020”
- Barcelona (ES) : 2020 - Group show - ZohArt gallery - “Metanoia”
- Barcelona (ES) : 2020 - Group Show - ArtBox festival 1.0
- Barcelona (ES) : 2021 - Group show - Choko gallery club - “Reditus”
Judge in the International Design competition Mobius Awards (USA/CA) 2016
Various publications in Artbooks:
- AlternativeMoviePoster collection 2017 ( Posterspy/Arttitude/Schiffer)
- Salon d'Automne 2016 catalogue d'exposition
- Artittude 4 2018 (Plan9 entertainment)
Inspire Magazine (Taiwan)/Wired Magazine (UK)/ Becreative (FR) / Advanced Creation